Monday, February 14, 2011

What Wood Can I Use On My Boat

In 1950 Solomon's wisdom and prosperity


At that time two women came to the king, and stood before him. And one of them said:! Ah, sir! Me and this woman in a Morabad same house, and I gave birth while she was at home. Pass the third day after I had given birth, it also gave birth, and Morabad us together, there was no stranger in the house, save we two in the house. One night this woman's son died because she lay on him. And she arose at midnight and took my son from beside me, while thine handmaid slept, and laid it in her hand, and laid her dead son by my side. And when I rose at dawn to nurse my son, here he was dead, but I watched the morning, and saw that it was not my son, I had given birth.
The other woman said, "No, my child is the living, and your son is dead. And this said, No, your son is dead, and my son is living. Thus they spake before the king. The king said: It says: My son that liveth, and thy son is dead and the other said: No, but yours is the dead, and my son is living.
And the king said, Bring me a sword. And they brought the king a sword.
Then the king said, Divide the living child, and give half to one and half to the other.
Then the woman whose son was living spoke to the king (for her bowels yearned upon her son), and said:! Ah, sir! give her the living child, not kill him. But the other said: Not to me neither you, but divide.
Then the king answered and said, Give her the living child, and no wise slay it: she is his mother.
And all Israel heard of the trial that he had given the king, and feared the king: for they saw in him the wisdom of God to judge.

1 Kings 3.16 to 28

0 comments:

Post a Comment